Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just a season

Just like I teach my kiddos disobedience equals discipline so do I get to go through the same lesson. Its not fun, not desirable. If only we could've made better decisions early on. It goes all the way back to high school I guess. (ok way before then ;) If only...if only I would've signed up for the scholarship program my freshman year instead of opting to do uh-hem..."illegal things", would things have been any different? I guess it wouldn't have been my life though.
We've gone through all that we have because sin. Period. It would be great if some of this would've washed away with that baptism water, right? ;) But consequences of sin don't always wash away. God is teaching us perseverance, endurance, trusting in Him above all things and He gives us insight.
On one of my runs I have passed three interesting things that God has allowed me to have insight into. It makes me sad but reminds me that drug addictions and sexual sin is still pretty heavily saturated in our community. I pray that as I struggle to come out of some stupid stupid stupid decisions that God would make himself known in my community. I pray that His light would shine, that as people catch a glimpse, if they would, that they would hold fast. I pray that no one would believe a false promise but that they would hold tight and cling to the Only Promise, Jesus Christ. This life isn't easy but we gotta hold fast.
While God has renewed me and created a new heart within me we still work diligently to dig and dig away at that big o mess that came right along with all that other stuff. So we press on and press in. Its just for a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment