Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Moments to Cherish

Today I had one of those moments that make your heart grow.
I am so glad, beyond words glad, that I finally feel content with what I want to be when I grow up. I am also very glad that I have the privilege to always continue education whenever I feel like and that just because I have kiddos its not over. I am glad I have a nursing license and certifications to adequately take care of babies if I wanted to jump back in at any moment. I will keep these current but in the meantime I thank God that I am blessed to stay home with my boys.
Today the littlest sweet one and I were shaking off a cold together. While I am internally, sarcastically, thanking my little guy for sharing all his germs with me I was glad I had the option to lay down with him at nap time. Normally he begs me to lay down with him, today I suggested the idea and he pulled back the covers for me :)
As I lay there and squint my one eye open to see if he's sleeping yet, he had his eyes tightly squeezed shut with the hugest smile ever! It made my heart absolutely grow BIG and make me so crazy thankful for my kids, my husband, and my Great God for the opportunity to have these cherish able moments with my family.
I do miss my job down on the south side with some really amazing people who always wanted to hear about Jesus and plenty of babies to be lovin' but...my kids won't always be so glad to have nap time with mom forever. Work will always be there.

So glad for these sweet moments...

2 comments:

  1. Aw, super sweet. I'm also enjoying snuggling up with my little baby for a nap while I can - I am taking advantage of the opportunity even if there is something more "productive" I could do with the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. You will never regret this time being at home for your family :-)

    ReplyDelete