Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chore Galore!

Yea! I have finally made a functional, bright, and hopefully successful chore chart!
In Sunday's message about being a good steward of God's money it encouraged me to do better with what He has given us. Part of that is doing our responsibilities that ultimately help us to save and share more. While I try to be responsible, plan well, and be a good steward I know it isn't too early to teach my kiddos the same lesson.
I've tried chore charts in the past and it just wasn't functional, it was boring and it ended up getting trampled on somehow. Sooo....I cleverly came up with this....

Yeah buddy!!! The blue star chores are ones to be done because you live here and we have responsibilities whether we like it or not. The $ is a chore to earn money. Jaiven doesn't quite get that yet at his age but Caiden definitely understands green. I still need to print pictures to put on the pockets to show the chore or job so they know what to do, but you get the picture. I can easily add more but I don't want to overwhelm them. I'm getting excited here! Caiden's opportunities for money are saving me on some of my chores! Score!!!
He gladly watered the garden this morning and really got excited when I told him it would be one of his paid jobs :) 

Next project is the "save spend give" jars to teach him the principles I am working on getting better at myself. 

1 comment: