Thursday, July 5, 2012

Simple things...

Now that I am not in school full time, not working, not doing what I call "heavy duty" ministry I am beginning to feel totally simplified and really enjoying that. My primary objective each day is to reflect Christ to my children and keep a happy home. Yea!!!
In times before I sadly felt guilty about that. I felt like I needed to further a career I barely got going in and needed to succeed, succeed, succeed, by the worlds standards. I'll keep my license up and certifications but simply working on keeping my home a home of peace is actually finally feeling completely right. I underline completely because there have been times past that I felt "completely" ok with where I was but just ok. Right now I feel blissfully grateful for where the Lord has led me and my sweet ones to be. We do change through seasons and each day I need to surrender my will to the will of my Fathers but simply knowing today I will mop floors and play with my darlings and that is it, is simply satisfying. Simply.
Sean is nearing the end of his BSN, Im not trying to multi task school and we aren't leading anything in ministry. Serving where the Lord leads sure but not leading anything. Strange to not lead anything initially but if the Lord has us in a season of wait, we will simply enjoy each moment and be content in it. Of course if the Lord did lead a certain direction we would joyfully and willingly follow His lead. Currently this is the least we've been committed in anything and it kinda feels nice to be down to the basics. Enjoy each and every day the Lord gives. Even if you're in a rough and dry season, know that the Lord hears your prayers, He will bring you into green pastures and still waters in His time. Take each moment with a heart of gratitude no matter what the moment looks like.

May God bless you with His presence dear reader....

No comments:

Post a Comment