Sunday, August 19, 2012

God Is So Much Bigger

So funny when we really think about it, how much bigger God is than what we may be perceiving at the moment in any given time. I am SO ridiculously thankful that God has guided our steps to where we are at the moment. Some things we don't have immediate answers to, all of the "why's" but oh is He ever faithful to carry us through and to the place we need to be for His glory.
Prayer is a passion that God has put on my heart since the fall/winter of '09. I just had my sweet baby J and now with two kids I felt I couldn't really get out to serve mission-ally as well as I wanted. I felt a stirring inside to get into my prayer closet more and sit at His feet, to not just pray for my needs or my families needs but to really intercede for those around me and for the needs of the church. Its so awesome that my mentor mom happened to be one of the prayer team leaders and really helped me grow in intercession. She gave me the push of confidence I needed to just pray to the Father on behalf of those broken, sick, hurting, and those in need. She encouraged me to listen to the Father and wait on Him for Him to bring about the insight on what to pray. It was really neat to see how God would work to build up His body through prayer. It was really neat to see people break free from the chains of bondage, to throw off all that hindered and to walk in freedom. To turn and praise His name for the work He had done in their life and all the much more for what He was about to do.
I am so thankful for where we are right now. We are in a new church, completely new. We've only known one home church before so its been an adjustment but God is so gracious to show us He is wherever His people are. He is all about Kingdom work and His kingdom is much bigger than we know. We have work to do so let us not forget what He's taught and get after it. Pray for the foundation of souls to be saved. Pray for the enrichment of what He has already laid down and begin interceding for those around you right where you are.
Last night I went on a prayer drive, much like a prayer walk but in a vehicle :). The pastor encouraged prayer for the 10 mile radius within the church. Of course when I read this I jumped with excitement to have a zone to pray for! I grabbed the ladies from small group and we set out. It really is an eye opening experience to just drive through nearby neighborhoods and ask God to give you eyes to see the people He has created and the families that He has planted there. To see them as He sees them. To imagine what life is like within those doors. I have to admit, not many pretty pictures or scenes popped into mind. There are so many lost, broken, hurting, needing to be healed kind of people right next to me. Take a look, they are likely right next to you too. God knows their needs. He knows they all need a Savior just like you and me. The difference between us and them? He has placed His light within us to shine in those dark places and bring them out. To call them out, to pray and intercede on their behalf that they would have the courage to step out and trust a God who is so much bigger. I am so thankful to have the group of ladies I had come out with me and see things how God sees them. To keep an eternal perspective that its not about ourselves but being found people to find people as our new church home puts it. We are looking forward to all the much bigger things God has in store for this community and in our own hearts.
I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment